Friday, December 3, 2010

Farewell Party Speech

Since I won the essay contest, I had to give an acceptance speech at the farewell party in front of about 150 people, I went in a different direction with it and talked about my experience and what being in Madrid meant to me, here it is:

First of all, I would like to thank the professors, faculty, and staff that have allowed me to spend the semester here and for that I am truly grateful. It's been an outstanding experience and really has been a dream come true to travel around Europe for the past four months and spend time with all these great people. While here, I have had the opportunity to truly become a full-time student. Traveling outside the United States was an education in itself. In addition to enjoying and learning in my classes during the week, I learned some of the most valuable lessons outside of the classroom. Study trips and excursions to museums and cultural sites added to my academic and personal growth and it was one of the best things about being here. While in Madrid, even mundane activities – like shopping for groceries or going to order food suddenly became educational experiences. I can now say that, my perspectives are global, my attitudes are international and I have memories that I will carry forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment